SPENDING TIME WITH GOD IN PRAYER
Your time is precious. With your commitments and the commitments of others it is difficult to find time to do the things that are most important. However, spending time with God in prayer is something that strengthens our spirituality and our relationship with God. Just as a good friendship requires a commitment of time and communication, so does our relationship with God.
As St. Paul tells us “pray constantly”. There are a number of ways to maintain and strengthen your relationship with God by spending just a few moments of your precious time in prayer.
- Turn off the radio and cell phone on your commute and pray
- Get up 15 minutes earlier and sip coffee while reading scripture
- Attend weekday mass (8:00 a.m. Mon & Tues at St. Anne's / 8:00 a.m. Thurs & Fri at St. Catherine's)
- Attend morning Communion Service Wednesdays at 8:00 a.m. (St. Anne's)
- Take a short walk at lunch time to be with God
- Pray before meals
- Pray with your spouse before discussing the events of the day
- Pray with your children at bedtime
“Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing, for everything give thanks, for this is the will of God for Christ Jesus in you.” 1 Thes 5:16-18
Living Our Faith... Sharing Our Blessings