From a mission church, St. Catherine's came into its own as an independent parish in 1922 to serve both Graniteville and Forge Village. The population has grown in response to the changing economic and social environment. While continuing to serve many founding families and their successive generations, today's parish is composed primarily of families with young children who have great concern and deep respect for the older members of our community. It is the town's only Roman Catholic ministry serving a large geographic area.
To learn more about our patroness, Saint Catherine of Alexadria, please read the following article: